Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My feet hurt!

Today was one of those weird days. I worked 9-7 which means by the time I get home my feet hurt and I'm exhausted. At work it was a busy day but not too busy. We just had a lot of problems. To be completely honest we had a lot of horribly mean and dumb people come in or call today. Some days are great and we only get a few customers that are mad at us or asking really strange things but today it seemed like everyone had a problem. I would love to blame it on a full moon or bad weather but I'm not sure that was the cause. I love working in the pharmacy and learning new things everyday but sometimes working there really makes me hate people and think that they are all stupid and don't care at all about others that are trying to help them. We try to do everything we can to get their insurance to pay for their stuff or have their doctor call their refills in but most people forget that we are just the middle man and can't force THEIR insurance to do something or get THEIR doctor to call in a prescription right when the customer wants it. I wish people would pay more attention to their own insurances and learn what their coverage is and how to call them if them have a problem not rely on someone else to do the work for them. And they really need to learn what medication they are taking and not just take everything their doctor prescribes and not even know what they are taking it and for how long they need to take it and why they are taking it. People are satisfied with just taking any medication and tell the pharmacy to fill whatever can be filled and then we fill whatever can be filled and they get mad because we fill something they didn't want or don't really know why they are supposed to have it.
Sorry I had a bad day dealing with customer service. Somedays I would just like to work in the pharmacy and not have any phone calls from patients or have them come into the pharmacy. That sounds awful huh. Oh well I don't feel like this everyday and I do like my job. I just don't like people today. The thing that makes me feel a little bit better about how I was feeling today is that I wasn't the only one feeling upset with all the problems. The other technicians and pharmacist couldn't believe all the problems and rude people.

Well on a lighter note I'm not feeling too nauseated today just a little bit.
I hope everyone has a good night!!
I'm excited to go to bed!! and guess what... I get to sleep in tomorrow! Oh it will be so great!

1 comment:

  1. Why are you nauseated? Sometimes I hate people to. Like when they come in to donate blood which is voluntary and their really crabby about the whole process, "Why do you have to do that?", "I've been waiting for 30 minutes!" The worst is when I defer them for travel and they get pissed cause there's no way they have malaria even though they went on a 3 day hike through the rain forest 2 weeks ago. Signs of malaria can stay dorment for up to a year. Silly rude dumb people. It's like they don't understand that someone is actually going to get their blood put in them and that in itself is scary.

    ReplyDelete