Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

Why I decided to name my blog the name it has. When I was in 5th grade my teacher Mr. C (that's what he had us call him) gave me and all of my friends nicknames! It was so fun! He even drew pictures to describe us and our nicknames. Sadly I no longer know where my picture is that he drew. I will have to go to my parents house and see if it is there somewhere in my box of memories. My nickname was Googenheimer at the beginning. Well as time went on everyone including Mr. C. kept shortening it. My nickname ended up being Googie. My 5th grade year was the year that all of my friends and I became really good friends! We've been able to stay friends throughout the years. During Middle School and High School we met and made new friends and added them to our group of friends! There were about ten to twelve of us girls that always hung out. We would usually hang out in littler groups also. I moved away the summer before our Junior year, now we are all married with kids (well I don't have any yet more on that later) we still get together and have lunch or dinner and chit chat about the good ole days!
We are able to know what everyone is up to because of facebook and blogging! When I moved away I was able to make another group of awesome friends and I am still great friends with them!! We get together frequently and some of us are in a bunco group together. I do have to say I have won several times and love it!
So that is how I got my nickname googie. My 5th grade teacher was just having some fun with a group of girls and the nicknames stuck. I'm 26 years old and will still have some of my old friends from school call me googie.

an euphonious is for life, not just xmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment